OUR WHY

ABOUT US

We guide businesses out of the chaos of uncertainty, so they can chart a new path, experience the exhilaration of success, and look to the horizon asking: what next?

We guide businesses out of the chaos of uncertainty, so they can chart a new path, experience the exhilaration of success, and look to the horizon asking: what next?

desaturated photo of camera parts

OUR APPROACH

“Good, effective marketing is rightly ordered and is the connective tissue between business strategy and business execution.”

It balances the necessary romance of creativity and human experience with the practicality of business revenue growth.  Applying too much focus in either direction begins to change the directional bearing of a business. Left unchecked for too long, the corrections required to return the balance are costly in both time and money.

Bad marketing manifests from misunderstood roles of marketers and a lack of understanding of how each stage of the business cycle has a distinct connection to marketing strategy. Creating beautiful marketing collateral (video, audio, web sites, print material, etc.) helps people feel accomplished.  Seeing their brand bright and shiny on a freshly minted piece of collateral releases a little hit of dopamine for a CEO or business owner.  It feels so good. In the absence of thoughtful strategy applied to the creative process and what comes next, the excitement quickly dissipates into ambiguity leaving them scratching their head and wondering why their hard work is not producing results.

It is remarkable the number of times businesses who seek help in shoring up their marketing are convinced they need to tear everything down and start over.  There are some cases which require a complete overhaul, but they are more the exception than the rule. We take the time to understand a client in their current iteration before recommending a plan of action.  Our process moves beyond shallow “best practices” tactics. For a client who has limited in-house resources, we first seek to understand the strengths of existing assets and personnel. It is foolish to overlook and minimize the gains realized by our client’s previous efforts. It is through these strengths we support and shore up the areas of marketing that need the extra attention.

“We believe the relationship in the consumer buying cycle and a business’ process is the fulcrum in rightly ordered and effective marketing.”

The focus on each must be balanced to achieve excellence.  For both marketing and business there is a variety of contextual uniqueness, the things that differentiate one business from another.  In this variety there are fundamentals which must be applied to successful and sustainable business and marketing endeavours. Marketing and business plans overlooking these fundamentals lead to manipulative marketing tactics and damages a business’ brand.

Regardless of the ever increasing available platforms to deliver a marketing message to your customers, the way consumers process your message has not and will not change.  In the vast majority of marketing communication, the information you share (and put a tremendous effort into sharing) is the wrong information at the right time.  Knowing how to deliver the right information at the right time is knowing what your customer is predisposed to on a particular platform. Doing this correctly turns effort into momentum and momentum into revenue.

“The strategic connection between your customer’s buying cycle and your business cycle is what drives quality outcomes and desired revenue growth.”

It requires interaction, education, and accountability with those on your team responsible for each stage of your business process.  Marketing delivered to your customers is making a promise and sets the expectations for their interaction with your business. A breakdown in communicating the promises made to customers with your team is a leading factor in falling short of set expectations.   Your team does not need to be intimately involved in strategic planning, but it will be a failed strategy if they are not intimately involved in the execution.

We believe building an effective strategy, a plan of action to achieve significant goals, requires discipline to a defined process and hard work. Our process contains a sound framework to keep us grounded in the goals our clients are in pursuit to achieve. This is where the space to serve the uniqueness of our clients lives.  We commit our best to our clients and they commit their best to us.  Not to sound too poetic, but this is the harmony that must exist to convert strategy into results.  A sound process drives transparency, accountability, and excellence through the entire engagement.

We believe strongly in rightly ordered marketing.  We take pride in building and executing highly effective strategies for our clients. We dedicate ourselves to the discipline of our profession and are in constant pursuit of the right balance of creative romance and measurable outcomes.

“We help clients with limited in-house marketing resources maximize existing marketing assets and get teams performing at their best (or at their highest level).”

We meet our clients where they are and accompany them through their marketing journey, shoring up what needs support and blazing new trails where none exist. We firmly believe that the consistency of our outcomes is rooted in the strength of our process.  When we discern the right fit with a client, amazing things happen.

THE BUSINESS OF MARKETING

Marketing is among a handful of professions that have profound and measurable impact on the success of a business, both positive and negative.  Unlike other professions (banking, legal, accounting, etc.), there are very few barriers for an individual to open shop and begin pursuit of clients. Where other professions involve some outside assessment of knowledge and regulation, all one needs in marketing is a subscription to Canva or Adobe and they are off to the races.  

This low barrier to entry is wonderful for the creativity of the human race, but it has turned the discipline of marketing into an unbalanced environment, leaving a trail of broken businesses in its wake. Those proclaiming to be marketers have indulged in the romance of creating the beautiful sunset on the mountaintop, yet they have failed to prepare for the challenges the hike to the summit presents.

LESS GIMMICKS,

MORE SCIENCE

Many marketing firms rely on tricks and gimmicks to bring success. We rely on science, specifically behavioral economics. There are three pillars that drive the work we do:

MAKE IT STICK

People will only act on a need or emotion. We will not create anything unless it speaks directly to one or both of these action drivers. Of all the information people take in, 92% of it is lost after 72 hours. Then 8% we retain is again related to a need or emotion. If our work doesn’t evoke one or both of these reactions, we scrap it.

RELATIONSHIP

The fact is, 95% of people’s lives are carried out in a relational phase. This means that if you want them to turn to you when they switch to a transnational phase the other 5% of the time, you need to have a memorable relationship already established.

MOTIVATION

The simple fact is that creating the right message, collateral, or strategy to build your audience isn’t just a matter of finding the right words or images. It’s a matter of understanding the psychology and biology behind what motivates people to follow you, and developing strategy and content based on that understanding. This is what we specialize in and do best.

LESS GIMMICKS,

MORE SCIENCE

Many marketing firms rely on tricks and gimmicks to bring success. We rely on science, specifically behavioral economics. There are three pillars that drive the work we do:

MAKE IT STICK

People will only act on a need or emotion. We will not create anything unless it speaks directly to one or both of these action drivers. Of all the information people take in, 92% of it is lost after 72 hours. Then 8% we retain is again related to a need or emotion. If our work doesn’t evoke one or both of these reactions, we scrap it.

RELATIONSHIP

The fact is, 95% of people’s lives are carried out in a relational phase. This means that if you want them to turn to you when they switch to a transnational phase the other 5% of the time, you need to have a memorable relationship already established.

MOTIVATION

The simple fact is that creating the right message, collateral, or strategy to build your audience isn’t just a matter of finding the right words or images. It’s a matter of understanding the psychology and biology behind what motivates people to follow you, and developing strategy and content based on that understanding. This is what we specialize in and do best.

LESS GIMMICKS,

MORE SCIENCE

Many marketing firms rely on tricks and gimmicks to bring success. We rely on science, specifically behavioral economics. There are three pillars that drive the work we do:

MAKE IT STICK

People will only act on a need or emotion. We will not create anything unless it speaks directly to one or both of these action drivers. Of all the information people take in, 92% of it is lost after 72 hours. Then 8% we retain is again related to a need or emotion. If our work doesn’t evoke one or both of these reactions, we scrap it.

RELATIONSHIP

The fact is, 95% of people’s lives are carried out in a relational phase. This means that if you want them to turn to you when they switch to a transnational phase the other 5% of the time, you need to have a memorable relationship already established.

MOTIVATION

The simple fact is that creating the right message, collateral, or strategy to build your audience isn’t just a matter of finding the right words or images. It’s a matter of understanding the psychology and biology behind what motivates people to follow you, and developing strategy and content based on that understanding. This is what we specialize in and do best.

OUR WORK

TIP of the Day – SEO

TIP of the Day – SEO

SEO (search engine optimization) can be a daunting task for many business owners. There is a tendency to simply buy a Google ad and consider it done. But with just a little effort, the ROI of your Google ad could be much higher and significantly more beneficial to your company.